So, the government shutdown blows. The Washington Post ranked Ogden-Clearfield as the 6th most federally dependent city in the Nation. Utah is home to 5 awesome National Parks, all shutdown. Park Facebook admins all posted something similar to, “Because of the federal government shutdown this National Park Service Facebook page is inactive. We’ll start the conversation again when we get back.” I guess if you aren’t getting paid, it’s too hard to update Facebook. Bummer. Also, river guides can’t put on the Colorado, Snake, or Green (or so we’ve been told), and long-awaited backcountry and river permits are now worthless.
Maybe paddlers could all just go urban like Ben Marr:
Let’s hope The Shutdown ends sooner than later…
GEAR:30 Buyer, Greg Reynolds, finished his first one hundred mile trail run last weekend. Crazy thing is he only had three weeks of preparation. We chat with him to learn how he went from “couch to hundy” in just days. And, no, it’s not a recommended training strategy.
- 10.1 – Art of Flight – Winter Movie Series @ Slackwater sponsored by GEAR:30
- 10.5 – GEAR:30 & Utah Whitewater Club Ogden River Clean-Up 9am – Noon
- 10.5 – Snowbasin’s First Annual Beer Fest
- 10.6 – Snowbasin’s First Annual Pray For Snow Party
- 10.10 – TGR “Way of Life” WSU – Union Building
- 10.11 – 10th Annual WSU GEAR Swap and Sale
- 10.11 – “McConky” Movie Tour Jim Santy Auditorium – Park City
- 10.19 – Antelope Island 100K and 50K
- 10.22 – Powderwhore Productions “Choose Your Adventure” at GEAR:30
- 11.2 – “McConky” Movie Tour The Cliff Lodge – Snowbird
Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show Episode 144, The Shutdown – Listen Now: